To: "iris-talk" <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:54 PM
Subject: [iris] Suggestions for best purple based foliage TB's

I just got to thinking about PBF (purple based
foliage) irises again, and like at least a few other
hybridizers, I'd like to increase the expression of
that trait.
My diploid PBF lines are moving along, but I need
recommendations for tetraploid Tall Beardeds.
I've got HONKY TONK BLUES, which has a pretty good
amount of purple at the leaf bases. I've also got
TENNESSEE GENTLEMAN which although not very strongly
PBF pigmented, has purple pigmentation on the
flowerstalks and seedpods. I've read that ELSA SASS is
another good PBF iris.

So, what would be your most intense PBF Tall

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Tom