Re: Suggestions for best purple based foliage TB's

Thomas,

   I happen to have snapped pictures of all the PBF I found in my garden this past spring, so here's what I "noted".  On a scale of 1-5 5 being the highest I wouldn't rank any of them above a 3 based on the pictures I have.

  INDIGO PRINCESS
  EVERYTHING PLUS
  DRESDEN DANCER
  JUDY MOGIL
  BLUE TULIP
  SECRETARIAT
  REFRESHING
  TIFFANY TOUCH

  the ones that stand out in my mind are Indigo Princess and Everything Plus.  IP because it's just so 'natural' for her to be PBF, and EP because she's gotten mixed in with Amarylis and the PBF is a reliable identifier of which is which.

  Christian

thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I just got to thinking about PBF (purple based
foliage) irises again, and like at least a few other
hybridizers, I'd like to increase the expression of
that trait.
My diploid PBF lines are moving along, but I need
recommendations for tetraploid Tall Beardeds.
I've got HONKY TONK BLUES, which has a pretty good
amount of purple at the leaf bases. I've also got
TENNESSEE GENTLEMAN which although not very strongly
PBF pigmented, has purple pigmentation on the
flowerstalks and seedpods. I've read that ELSA SASS is
another good PBF iris.

So, what would be your most intense PBF Tall
Bearded???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Tom