Re: Suggestions for best purple based foliage TB's

My strongest PBF is 'Blackbeard', second would be one of its parents 'Codicil'.  'Pure As Gold' is strongly purple but not the best grower for me (or rebloomer).  'Golden Immortal' has moderate PBF for me and rebloooms some and has given some seedlings with intense PBF bases and up the blade when the other parent had none.  'Purple Pepper' is good for PBF as well although moderate vigor though, but has produced some vigorous seedlings.  'Witch of Endor' has good PBF but hasn't bloomed (or rebloomed) much for me for various reason in my error.

'Halston' is a vigorous MTB Spring rebloomer with purple spathes as well and more modern flowers for a MTB.  It has strong PBF and passes on its purple spathes well.  I would only suggest you make sure to pair it with a parent that has exceptional ruffling or petal substance (as it has neither) and it's children 99% of the time tend to resemble it strongly in form.  It can produce whites, plicatas and lycopene pinks as well.

Paul Archer
Raleigh, NC  Zone 8