Publications:

Below are some questions from editor of Roots.
The part in black are parts of her questions, in color are my answers. Just
in case the color is not picked up by iris hortnet or iris editors I've put
extra spacing between questions and my answer.

Was the historic newsletter you scanned, ROOTS, the HIPS
journal?    I KNOW how much time it takes to scan things!

Yes it was Roots. But you've got to understand I didn't scan certain pages.
Yes it takes lots of time to scan things.

I was editor for the "Fall 2005" and "Spring 2006" issues of
Roots, and have resumed being editor, just sent "Spring 2008"
to the printer.  I'm also Archivist for HIPS.
I don't have copies of most of the ROOTS issues!  nor does
the Archives.  It'd be a very big help to me to be able to use
your scans.
Next Fall's issue will be the 20th anniversary issue, so it'd be
especially helpful to have scans of the older issues.

I would think the historic society might provide you w copies of the old
issues.
I do not understand the inter workings of various sub groups.
But if you are the archivists, then it seems you would need copies of the
old for your knowledge on  where and how all this got started, so you know
where you are going.

If you were to get a publication, say Roots, as a pdf, what size
would be best for you?

That at the moment I do not know.

If you were getting a publication as a pdf, would it still be OK with
you to pay the regular subscription fee, or not?

Again, that depends on what a regular subscription is. I don't want hard
copies, since my computer gives me better color and, as far as I know, can
handle most things sent to it. I think a reduced rate for people that
receive electronic messages should be considered. I'm certainly willing to
pay for that.

The reason I'm so big on printing photos of historic iris (and why
I went to color-on-every-page, which was new for Roots) is that
Roots serves as a touchstone for identifying old irises -- photos are
much more important to historic iris stuff, than in some other
areas.  We're very serious about ID accuracy in photos for Roots,
and in color accuracy of photos, and color accuracy of printed page.
Trying to have "meat" too!  please feel free to let me know
your opinions!

I agree that accurate color certainly has it's pros.
But to print it, is extremely expensive.
If it can be done on the computer for the computer people,
then I would like to have that option. It not only is environmentally more
friendly and cheaper,
but I have the option of printing off what is important to me only and
filing it the way that works for me.  Plus in general the color is even more
accurate.

If so, would it be possible for you to send me copies
of the pdf files of these scans?

This would be up to the historic societies board and members I think.
I'm happy in any way to help out the Historic Society. I belong to it, but I
feel what I did was for my on use. They need to let me know what they want
me to do and the form which might work best.
There are many ways that this can be handled.  I need to know the options
that are acceptable within the organization. But you've got to understand I
didn't scan certain pages, like list of all the commercial growers of that
day and time, b/c many of them don't apply anymore, so I saw no need to copy
for my personal use.

Linda in CW AZ