Re: RE: HYB: Daylight Independent

I know that Romantic Evening rebloomed for the Jedlickas in western NE.  Their peak is usually the first part of June, so the July rebloom report would be less than 60 days.  I haven't counted the number of days, but have had 2 or 3 Romantic Evening seedlings bloom in the summer.  But certainly Romantic Evening is an extremely sporadic rebloomer and unless it can be enhanced to become much more dependable, it may not be all that useful.  I just may have to try some Forever Blue pollen on the Pink Attraction x Romantic Evening seedling that bloomed last July.

  Mike Lockatell has mentioned to me that soil temperature is significant as well as cool nights to trigger rebloom.  It would be interesting to see if we can determine a preferred soil temperature for the rebloomers which are daylight dependent.

  What I really hope is that you did some sib crosses with your Forever Blue x Immortality seedlings Chuck.  If we could get some seedlings that had both the daylight independent genetics from Forever Blue and Immortality's trigger, we could REALLY make it hard for the growers to have enough unbloomed rhizomes to fill orders  :  )

  Robin Shadlow
  zone 5 NE