From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 4:45 am
Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: Daylength independent

Well, phooey, Chuck.?
?
So now we have at least three apparent genetic types of ever/summer bloom - the Californians, the cold climate, and the FOREVER BLUEs.?
?
While they may not be the same genetic package, I wonder if the three could be combined in one plant??
?
Or if they will turn out to be variants of one suite of genes? The first two seem to be variants of the same genes - based on very little data I have so far, more that Betty has.?
?
I've gotten a few very early spring/very late fall rebloomers from (cold climate everbloomer X california rebloomer).?
?
And one everbloomer from a non-reblooming seedling from that type of cross X a late spring/early fall bloomer. (IMM x CSONG) X HoM?
?
Chuck, I wish you had crossed some of the ugly IMM X FOREVER BLUE seedlings with each other to see what the ratios were.?
-- Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8?
East Tennessee Iris Society <http://www.DiscoverET.org/etis>?
Region 7, Kentucky-Tennessee <http://www.aisregion7.org>?
American Iris Society web site <http://www.irises.org>?
talk archives: <http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/>?