Re: HYB: Daylength independent

Someone here has suggested whenever blooming is a more accurate description than everblooming. & that probably comes closer to what I mean by everblooming - day length independent, blooming at unpredictable times, but not usually continuous bloom. At least not yet... ;-) I guess I should quit calling them everbloomers, but it's simpler to say and easier to type than daylength independent. Maybe summer blooming is clearer?

Some of the Sutton's rebloomers sound like they are continuously in bloom for them from spring till fall.

One year, IMM bloomed 5 times here from spring freeze till fall freeze - that's more or less late April-early May thru some time in October. Bloomstalks each month.

But it wasn't really continuous bloom, and like I said before, few stalks for the number of fans. Eventually, I'd like some seedlings that would bloom every month, but fewer fans per stalk and less temperature sensitive. TBs, not IBs.

Re: my previous wish about crossing the sibs from FB & IMM - oops....lapse of attention on my part. I forgot about fertility issues with IBs!

I really wish is that I had been able to cross some of the non-reblooming half sibs I have from IMM - stubbornly uncooperative, mostly thanks to the weather.

Chuck said:
<As for the term "ever blooming" could you provide a working definition
of this.>
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8