FW: HYB: Rebloom

I'm absolutely fascinated by this rebloom thread and feel that I am learning
a lot.

The past year I got absolutely no rebloom on anything, even on my most
reliable ones, Clarence, Amethyst Winter, Forever Gold, Pearls of Autumn,
etc.  Other people in this area are reporting similar results, though a few
are now reporting some rebloom.  I believe that it has something to do with
our summer temperatures.  Last summer was a record breaker for heat with 32
days of 110 degrees and above and night time temperatures around 90 degrees.
We didn't have a normal autumn cool down until late November.

Since the first of December our temperatures have been a little below
normal.  Last week, I had a blossom about to open on my rebloom seedling
that I call my "Faux Yaquina Blue".  It had been frozen, but I think it
would have opened except a bird ate it.  I now have two stalks springing up
from my Cloud Reflection X 76-36A cross.  CR itself and a couple of other
crosses from it have fat fans that will pop out stalks any day.  My job now
is to keep the birds away until I get to see them.  The bird repellant I
used last year didn't work, so I didn't get to see any perfect blossoms last
March.  It's the earliest ones they like the best.  I welcome any
suggestions about what to do.

I guess these would fall under the classification, California Rebloomers?

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9