Re: HYB: germination experiments

I'm not sure - what would happen to the seeds in that batch that only needed <one> winter to germinate?

Would they try to germinate during a warm spell in January, then get killed when it turned cold again?

Or would they rot?

Or would they wait and germinate with the others?

Would they need a warm spell of a few days in the middle to trigger the second cycle?

Only way to find out would be to duplicate a cross we know had a bunch germinate both the first and second year. Only one like that I've done so far that I would care to repeat was BEHOLD A LADY X CELEBRATION SONG.

Plus don't forget, they need to be moist and have air while refrigerated. Either burrito'd or in the pod in a baggie.

Stored dry wouldn't have any effect.

<For those of us that plant outside--Is it possible we could trick the seed by putting them in the refrigerator after collection, and then planting outside in pots normally?? Virtually eliminate second year germination??

Betty-KY- where we are under an ice storm warning.? >
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8