Re: HYB: germination experiments

Any idea what percent of your crosses have a lot of second year germination?

Most of mine seem to have more first year germinants than second. I haven't tallied which year they've germinated, tho I am keep track of most of the first and second year plants once they make it into the the field rows.

BEHOLD A LADY X CSONG was a fun cross, excellent germination, poor survival, so at least I wouldn't be buried in seedlings if I did it again. I sent one from the last batch to Austin, but probably shouldn't have. It's growing well, but except for survival in monsoon conditions, won't look great next to babies from the big hybridizers. t bearded white.

<Still, I'd like to speed up some of these more interesting crosses.?

Betty W./KY/Zone 6.? >
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8