Re: Re: HYB: Daylength independent

<<I'd like to get more information on these plants. I have most of them?
here and they have rebloomed for me, but never that early, usually in?

I have a security light.? It sits at the edge of Section 3 of the iris patch.? Section 2 is a little further away and then Section 1.? None are shaded from anything including the security light.

Cycle rebloomers begin blooming here in late Sept. or early October.? They have a set time of fall bloom and do not summer bloom.?

There are 3 sections in my garden.? Each section is 50 foot wide (soaker hoses) and approximately 75 feet deep/long/down the hill.?

Total Recall bloomed in July of 2005.? A couple of?stalks in a row that was on a soaker hose.? The clump was extremely crowded but the rhizomes were fairly large, starting to grow over each other.? Another clump was in the same section but not on the hose.?It had?little supplemental water and was not doing well.? Both were moved after they bloomed.? Section 1.?

Lord of Rings was in this row (Total Recall) and bloomed in July 2006.??Poor rhizome to stalk ratio. ?Some water from hose but not a lot.? Violet Miracle bloomed in a huge clump that was very crowded.? Same row.? July.?

Immortality & Pink Attraction were moved soon after bloom season and watered well.? (2005)?They gave multiple stalks.? Front of section 3 and about 25 feet from the base of the security light.? Pure As Gold, planted next to Pink Attraction also bloomed in July.? Also moved.? Renown also gave July bloom in this group at the same time.

Pink Attraction is the only pink I've used in rebloom crosses, primarily because it blooms late in the spring season and again in July.?

Arctic Encore was new to the garden.? Bloomed with the earlies and again in late June.? Approximately 6-8 weeks after the first bloom.? Section 3 but further back.? Soaker hose.? Watered well the previous fall.? Not in the spring.?

All Revved Up 1)? bloomed July & August.? Soaker hoses, Section 1 in the bottom or back row.? Reselect bed.? Two years old.? Quite a distance from the light but still in the same garden.? 2) One year clump in Section 3 bloomed also.? (no soaker hose) It had also July bloomed in a garden 10 miles away.? No water and no light.?

October Sky, bad location in Section 3.? Not on hoses, no supplemental water.?

Diamond Bush.? Two years of July Bloom.? Not on hoses.?

Lunar Whitewash was in Section 2.? Also Cantina.? About the middle of the section.? No soaker hoses.?

In 2006 another clump bloomed in August on a soaker hose section 3.? Luminosity also bloomed in this row, right beside Lunar Whitewash.? Also in August.?These two clumps were planted in 2005 and were year old plants.? Solid increase.?

As I've stated earlier, I didn't really?water in 2007, (except seedlings)?and the only thing that rebloomed in our excruciating heat with high night temperatures (and NO rain) was Echo Location, Feed Back & Returning Chameleon.? These were all planted near a roof line.? I'm in the loop of a creek so I get a lot of dew.? It drips off the roofs most mornings.?

SDB's bloom the two weeks or so before TB's.? I don't grow many.? Most of them were finishing when the freeze hit this past spring beginning April 5th.? TB seedlings were showing color.? Several were cut and brought indoors to open.?

Since I've moved out here, my plicatas and early rebloomers (mostly seedlings) have typically started bloom April 20-25th.

Many of my irises, both rebloomers and non-rebloomers, dropped their fans during the heat of 2007. ?I understand this is a protective measure.? They grew new fans once the temperatures cooled and the rains came.? ?

I am not the only person to get summer bloom?with these cultivars.? Most are reported in the Checklist.? It would appear that people who irrigate have a larger quantity of summer rebloom, but water will not creat rebloom, if the genes don't exist.?

I'll try to keep better or more specific records in the future.? Operative word being TRY.?

Betty Wilkerson/Bridge In Time/KY/Zone 6.?