Re: HYB: germination experiments/cold climate

Paul,??

Thanks.? This probably would be a problem.?

I've only planted seed outside.? A late spring means late sprouting in the seedling pots.? I took this to mean that the seed needed warmer temperatures to promote sprouting.??Further thinking that seeds, which are ready in every other way, have the ability to wait for the warmer temperatures to sprout.

I recall Mary Lou talking about finding sprouts in the refrigerator.?

Now, I'm wondering if there is a difference or just an appearance of difference.?

Either way, I don't have the facilities or the energy for all the extra seed handling.?No heated garage or green house.?

Looking for ways to trick Mother Nature!? She's been a meanie.? Even a grinch this past year!? <vbg>? Thanks again!

However what about the seeds that germinate at the usual
3-3 1/2 months and start to grow in the paper towels/bags/soil/pots while still
in the refridgerator?  They need light.

Betty Wilkerson/Bridge In Time/zone 6/KY