Re: HYB: Daylength independent

Ok, Chuck. Maybe we can call FOREVER BLUE day/night length independent in the regions it's been tested, and IMMORTALITY et al solstice independent in Region 7. <VBG>

Seriously, from what you and others have observed, I still don't understand why you don't consider IMMORTALITY day/night length independent. Certainly, it doesn't put up stalks as anywhere near as abundantly as what you describe for FOREVER BLUE, but based on the other factors you list as affecting timing and frequency of bloom, I don't see day/night length being a factor for IMM. IMM seems to have a lot of other strikes against it reblooming in different climates, but I don't understand why you conclude dark/light is one of them.

FYI - SIGN OF LEO has also rebloomed here in June occasionally, with no supplemental light for either IMM or SoL, unless the full moon counts. I'm out in the country, closest security light is about half a mile away screened by evergreen trees. Only other light might be occasional flashlight or car headlights. Houselights fall on some IMM near the house, but I haven't noticed those clumps blooming any more or less frequently than the other clumps.

I don't dig and reset, get good summer bloom (when weather is right) without thinning in MATRIX and VIOLET MIRACLE. But while those bloom freely, they may require shortening days - I can't remember either of those blooming here after the main spring bloom season and before the summer solstice
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8