From: John I Jones
Date: 02/22/08 11:31:20
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] HIST PUBS: color issues, historic iris

On Feb 21, 2008, at 10:02 PM, Gesine wrote:

> Hi Linda and all,
> A relatively quick note --
> 1) The LIGHT outside is truer, for seeing color!

Well, yes. However as with many things there is a BUT:

Morning light tends to be cooler (meaning a bit bluer), Mid day light
is harsher, brighter, tends to wash out pastel colors, late afternoon
light is warmer (more towards the red), more earthy.

It also depends on what color you are looking at. Notice the
difference in appearance of several different colors at different
times of the day and whether they are shaded from direct light or not.

Fun subject.