message length protocols

Hi,

I subscribe to the digest version of this listserve.

Are there any guidelines as to how many responses each message should have linked to it? Sometimes one message may appear many times, even within a message, because multiple individuals hit reply and the whole discourse is resent to the list serve. Some messages have 3 or more messages within their one reply.

I ask, not to discourage responses, but to learn this list's protocols, as some list serves that provide digest versions have guidelines and I don't know if this listserve does.

Thanks,

Patti