{Disarmed} FW: [iris-photos] HYB: Random seedlings

  • Subject: {Disarmed} FW: [iris-photos] HYB: Random seedlings
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:02:38 -0700

Thank you for the picture, Griff.  I always like to see other people's
seedling pictures whether or not they make me envious.

This seems to be a common color pattern.  Last summer I had a couple of
dozen seedlings bloom from Pond Lily X Pink Champagne, two of my favorite
irises and also favorite parents.  They say, "Cross your best with your
best".  I was disappointed with the results.  Two thirds of them looked just
like this one.  They remind me of Knock'em Dead.  I kept one for further
breeding.  It has nice stalks and bud count, superior vigor and gave me a
huge seed pod which my dog ate.  The rest of that cross were pale lavender
and pink bi-colors, nothing outstanding.  It was an interesting experiment.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9