Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 06:50:00 -0500
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: Daylength independent

Great summary, Chuck.  Thanks for thinking through and posting all of

But what a pile of potentially different sets of genes that we may be
dealing with!

Any thoughts on whether it's even possible to get rapid enough growth
bigger bearded irises to match FOREVER BLUE's behavior?

I am especially interested in cultivars that produce that 'secondary'
bloomstalk on a spring rhizome.  It seems to contradict prevailing
dictum that once a rhizome blooms, it is dead.

I have an apricot (pale orange) seedling that does this.  It's GOLDEN
APPLE X CRYSTAL GLITTERS.  CG is reported to rebloom in some locations,

About 20 seedlings from this seedling X non-reblooming seedling from
(IMM X CSONG) may be big enough to bloom this spring (after getting
whacked by the freeze last spring).  Very curious to see if any rebloom
or produce secondary bloomstalks.
- --
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

- -----

More new features than ever.  Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! -

More new features than ever. Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! - http://webmail.aim.com