Re: HYB: Daylength independent

Wow - that helps a <lot>.  Now to see if we can put it all to use.

Before you posted this, it had occurred to me that I've been thinking about rebloom as requiring the <addition> of a gene (or several genes, or maybe different genes that did the same thing in different ways) to be <present>, but that it might actually be the opposite. For example, most annuals bloom constantly, once they are big enough, as long as they are able to stay healthy (some can't take the heat etc), so for them to bloom only at a particular time of year would mean they would have to have a gene <added> to stop bloom until those conditions were met. And probably a different gene for each type of condition (i.e.,day/night length, temperature constraint etc)

From what you've dug up, it sounds like this is the case - irises without these genes (or with defective versions) could bloom all the time.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8