Cult: Info

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if the falling  statements are in the ball park of being
correct in a simplified manner.

We had a speaker that shared this. I'm confused.

the Adam & Eve irises; the I. pallida (tall) and I. variegata, (short)
first wild iris species some of which dated back as far as the 1500s.

how the I. pallida and the I. variegata were crossed, by bees resulting in
all new patterns and colors; the plicata , the amoena, the bitones, and new
selfs. These were later called natural hybrids.

The siblings were then back crossed with the parents to get even more
variations.

Hybridizers then started crossing the short wild irises with the tall
bearded wild irises and from this the hybrid intermediate irises of today
came about.

Linda in CW AZ