Re: Cult: Info about the Adam & Eve Theory

Thank you Bob,
 That was sort of my understanding after reading Classic Iris by Mahan. P 3
& p 9 & p 74, that Iris squalens and Iris sambucina have now been decided to
not be a separate species. That De Bure was correct in the first place.

This same speaker included these in her talk as species, and that's why I
begin to question some of what she was telling us and where she got her info
 She seemed to indicate that most of it came from the historical society
articles.  I just never had read or surmised from all my info from
historical society the same conclusions she did.

I know it is very complicated to a novice like myself that has limited
knowledge of botany, but I can see where the terms amoena, pallida, neglecta
&  variegate got carried over into common patterns. I don't ever hear or
read that people refer to things as squalens or sambuicna as patterns.

I'm trying to edit for our newsletter some of her talk but was having
trouble putting in something that I didn't understand myself, much less
people that are just beginning. So I just wanted to quietly leave out
anything that was questionable and not fact or so intricate that you need a
botany decree to understand.

Linda in CW AZ