From: irischapman@aim.com
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 9:20 pm
Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: Daylength independent

It certainly would help figure out environmental triggers for summer?
rebloom if eveyone who had it kept good observations. Particularly make?
note of crowded clump, time from spring bloom and any possible extra?
light sources. If you have a min-max thermometer, then that information would be usefull as well?
The environmental trigger would not likely be night length or?
temperature as both of these conditions exsist here. Difference betrween day and night tempertures might be a factor. So we are looking for what may be different from my growing conditions (field with longer summer dayulight). I do have some crowded clumps, and I don't get summer bloom. I get cyclic rebloom, although much earlier then the rebloomers that are cyclic southern rebloomers.?
I have never gotten rebloom from Victoria Falls. But the seedlings from?
Forever Blue X Victoria Falls seemed to all have the ability to rebloom?
in fall. I chose Victoria Falls as it proves to be a very vigorous?
grower here and many people had reported rebloom seedlings from it.?
With FB vigourous growth seems to be a strong contributor to what makes?
it strong rebloomer.?
Chuck Chapman?