Re: HYB: daylength independent

Betty, you've been working with rebloomers for a long time - I'm curious, have you made many cold climate summer X cold climate summer crosses? Or cold climate summer X cold climate cycle?

If so, do you have notes on what percentage of the seedlings were summer, cycle, or non-rebloom?

I see from the chart you sent me of IMM crosses you've made that you did get rebloomers from IMM X CHAMPAGNE ELEGANCE. CE is a cycle rebloomer here (hardly ever reblooms even as a cycle), what's its bloom habit in KY? summer or cycle?

Do you have other notes/memory of which type (by type, I mean season) of rebloom seedlings the cross produced or what percentage? Your notes on the excel file just say 'several rebloomers'.

Were the CHRISTMAS RUBIES X FOXY LADY and VICTORIA FALLS X VANITY seedlings you crossed with IMM rebloomers? If so, what type?

Your notes say IMM X PRECIOUS MOMENTS produced summer rebloomers. Since PM hasn't been reported to rebloom anywhere, I'm surprised by that one (doesn't match my preconceptions <g>)

[According to the new, updated, revised, and still full of errors ;-( rebloom checklist, CHRISTMAS RUBIES, PINK SLEIGH, PRECIOUS MOMENTS have not been reported to rebloom anywhere (which, of course, doesn't mean they haven't, just that nobody told us about it); GLISTENING ICICLE only in CA & MO; VANITY only in CA & VA; FOXY LADY registered as a rebloomer and lots of reports for it, including KY, VF not registered as a rebloomer, but widespread reports of rebloom for it as well.]
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8