Re: Dark Horse

<< Supreme Sultan has been criticised on this list (was it Clarence who
 like it for being tooooooo big!) >>

I think my comment was not that it is too big, but that the stem (stalk)
often cannot support the flowers.  I have seen some fairly good clumps, but I
have seen as many or more plantings of it where it is pretending to be
VICTORIA FALLS, i.e. leaning over or on the ground.  That was my comment, and
that continues to be my impression.  Both THORNBIRD and CONJURATION are
therefore, to my reading of the Judges Handbook, superior since I have not
seen either demonstrate a series fault.  I will say that many experts
consider CONJURATION's branching to be excellent---but I tend to find its
very wide branching to be a bit to too wide for my aesthetic sensibilities.
 On the other hand, better too wide than too little. Clarence Mahan in VA