Re: Arilbred Growth Habits

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Arilbred Growth Habits
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 14:34:05 -0700 (MST)

Sharon McAllister writes (1 Feb 97):

  (Some very judicious comments based on her extensive experience with
Arilbreds, which I have deleted for the purpose of this reply) +
> But I'm not sure what is meant by "marked tendency toward species form"
> there are so many different forms found in the aril species.  Personally,
I go
> for diversity....

What I meant to imply by my expression (in quotes above) was floral form
that favors the aril side of the ancestry (whatever it is) rather than the
tall (or other) bearded side. It's nice if they inherit a branch or two
from the latter, however.

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
"This is the Place" - Utah Pioneer Sesquicentennial:  1847-1997