Re: SHAKER'S PRAYER, LENORA PEARL, LEMON POP

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SHAKER'S PRAYER, LENORA PEARL, LEMON POP
  • From: DFingerhoo@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 18:38:20 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 97-01-31 13:06:21 EST,  Clarence wrote:

<< I want to say that I have not ruled out SHAKER'S PRAYER because it is "not
 modern enough in form."  One person's opinion, or a hundred opinions, do not
 make a value judgment true.  What is "modern"? What is so good about
 "modern"? >>

Just for the record, I also have not ruled out SHAKER'S PRAYER, which grows
as well for me as LEMON POP, and has just as much garden value.  I should
have typed "Conventional Wisdom, " or, "Walters Somewhat Prominent Hybridizer
of TBs," has ruled out SHAKER'S PRAYER because ....

Clarence continued:

<<  The Iris Pond introduced this iris, and at least a half dozen Siberian
 breeders told me I should not have done it when they saw its colored picture
 in my AIS Bulletin ad.  One asked, "How could you introduce such a
 species-looking iris?"  >>

I would say this is just plain rude and wrong, which only proves that even
iris people can behave badly at times.

Dorothy Fingerhood
DFingerhoo@aol.com
Newfield NY