PBF Project

Elena Laborde wrote:

:  Probably somebody will shoot me for bringing this up again, but we all were
:  very enthusiastic about the purple foliage project (including me), and I do
:  not have a very clear idea of what to do now.
:  Could somebody state specifics so we can all do the same things at
:  approximately the same time?

The only thing I can suggest to do right now would be to prepare a list of all
the TBs you grow, if you think that will make your spring survey easier.

I had suggested that each participant make these observations during bloom
season or shortly before, instead of by the calendar, so that the plants would
be in about the same stage of growth.

This is the information I'd requested, for every TB you grow:

	Name of variety
	Foliage purple-based (PB) or green (G)
	# of years grown (since last replacement)

No, you don't have to use the PB & G abbreviations unless you find it easier!
And I don't need the exact number of years you've had it.  Something like "over
5" or "at least 20" will suffice.  If you absolutely adore "Queen of Rot", and
have replaced her 15 times in the last 20 years, I only want to know how long
your latest planting has persisted.

But it's very important to cover every named TB
you have, not just the PBF ones.

If you want to include the hybridizer & year of introduction, that's great.  But
I do have a complete set of checklists and can look those up.  I'll also need
your geographic location and your best guess at the zone # of your garden.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)