Re: Modernity

Graham Spencer wrote
>I've been toying with the idea of breeding "new historics" (if only I could
>find the time) using blood from old (pre 1950) varieties.

Sounds good to me, although I like some of the modern colors, and better
substance is nice, and a LITTLE bit of ruffling...  come to think of it, the
only things I don't much like in the newer tall bearded iris is the
overabundance of buds (I prefer lots of stalks with only one or two flowers
per stalk open at a time) and the form of the flowers.

Are there pollen daubers already doing this?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA