Re: RHS Names & Numbers

Sharon McAllister said
>The proverbial "Bottom Line":  if you don't have a set of the charts, just
>ignore published RHS numbers.

Be glad to.

What I was trying to figure out is if there is anyway I can use this list of
color names and numbers to figure out what the names mean,at least relative
to one another?  Sounds like I can for intensity of color (value?
saturation?), but not for more than that?  Some catalogs use descriptions
like 'pansy violet standards and bishop's purple falls' - all I get from that
is that it is a purple iris.   I don't know if  pansy is darker, lighter,
redder, bluer, or some other more unexpected thing (yellower?muddier?) than
bishop's purple.  I have the same problem with all the color names on that
chart.

Linda Mann