Dark Horse

Partial recant on SUPREME SULTAN - I just went out and excavated the name tag
from under a clump of dame's rocket, and there are now 4 very small rhizomes
in about a 1 foot square area where there was originally one big fat rhizome
from the vender of big fat rhizomes 3? years ago.  So it isn't dead after
all, but does seem to have some rot and molliegrubs problems here.  This is
in my most rot infested front yard flower bed.  Nearest neighbors LACY
SNOWFLAKE and VITAFIRE, a couple of 'Mart irises that are growing great guns
5? years without dividing (in a really good spring, L S tends to fall over),
ORBITER (also doing well for several years), PERSIAN GOWN (which looks like
one of those fat west coast rhizomes, apparently very greatful for being
rescued from the fescue where it dutifully has bloomed for the last 7?
years), ORANGE SLICES (also growing like a weed), and MADIERA (doing
moderately well).  I had to dig all of these out from under turnips, dame's
rocket, matricaria, and henbit - my flowering ground covers.

So, even though I, the soil, and the climate mistreat my irises, seems like
an award winner ought to grow as well as the non-award winners.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
crowned the Rot Queen and elected president of the rot club by this list last
spring.