Re: RHS Colors & Names (Iris Humor)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: RHS Colors & Names (Iris Humor)
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 10:25:17 -0700 (MST)

>Ellen Gallagher writes (2 Feb 97):
>
>> 	Isn't there an iris named BABOON'S BOTTOM? I am operating without a
>> 	checklist and probably have the wrong genus...if I do, sorry.
>
>Yes, there is. BABOON BOTTOM (Kasperek, 94) is a variegated iris with pink
>ground and rosy streaks and swirls. It placed first among all BB cultivars
>receiving the HM in '96 with 115 votes.

	I think Brad prefers to call his creations "broken-colored"
	 rather than variegated as Allan Ensminger does..we had a pretty
	 complete thread on this a short time ago (probably before the
	Walters joined us). Thank you and  Chris H. for responding - I
	wasn't sure if I had remembered correctly if B.B. was an iris
	or a lily....need those checklists.

	Ellen G.

	Ellen Gallagher  e_galla@moose.ncia.net

	"To get somebody to stumble over him, and curse him steadily for an
	hour is a terrier's highest aim and objective, and when he has
	succeeded in accomplishing this, his conceit becomes quite unbearable."