Re: RHS Names & Numbers

Sharon McAllister said
>In the RHS system, and to most eyes, "purple" is redder than "violet".

Hmmm - ok, how do you know that?  Maybe what I need is a book about colors or
some art reference text or something.  I tried to do some water colors for a
while and learned some colors from that, but not that purple is redder than
violet.

Maybe I need to buy the big box of crayolas and read the labels!  : )

Any artists on this list willing to give us a mini-course on relative colors
and color names?  I love some of these -  'woodpecker green' conjures up all
kinds of images, the main one being a brownish green crayon with a red eraser
top.

Linda M