Re: Dykes' Derby 97 (was Dark Horse)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Dykes' Derby 97 (was Dark Horse)
  • From: Henryanner@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 10:26:16 -0700 (MST)

Greetings,

We would like to say that we have seen THORNBIRD, showing both horns and
spoons, growing in several gardens and on two show benches in the past two
years, and are much impressed. It is a splendid and distinguished iris and
appears to also be a good plant. We have added it to our collection and we
feel it would be a worthy winner in the Dykes Derby.

We regret to say we shall not be with you at the party this evening. We have
developed an esoteric weirdness in the system and cannot access the internet
at this time, although our mail functions are unimpaired. AOL is working on
it. We wish you all a happy birthday, and we salute  Tom for his generous
endeavor.

Anner Whitehead
Henry Hall, Richmond, VA