Re: Dykes' Derby 97 (was Dark Horse)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Dykes' Derby 97 (was Dark Horse)
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 12:36:46 -0700 (MST)

Henryanner@aol.com wrote:
> Greetings,
> We would like to say that we have seen THORNBIRD, showing both horns and
> spoons, growing in several gardens and on two show benches in the past two
> years, and are much impressed. It is a splendid and distinguished iris and
> appears to also be a good plant. We have added it to our collection and we
> feel it would be a worthy winner in the Dykes Derby.

Just throwing this out as a FYI.  Superstition Iris Gardens celebrated
it's 10th aniversary last year and as a 10th aniversary special we
listed Thornbird for $0.96.  (Since it was 1996).  Needless to say we
sold many, many Thornbirds.  So it is getting great distribution both
here and around the country.

Rick Tasco
Central California
Zone 8