Re: Modernity: MELTED BUTTER & Hybridizer of CUP RACE

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Modernity: MELTED BUTTER & Hybridizer of CUP RACE
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 14:55:24 -0700 (MST)

Dear Barb:

     You wrote (2 Feb 97):

> Big red face here. The hybridizer of CUP RACE is Buttrick (from New
> England somewhere), not Babson (from California). Sorry, should have
> checked before I posted!
> Barb Johnson
Stedman Buttrick had a showplace house and garden in Concord, Massachusetts
that overlooked  "the rude bridge whre the embattled farmers stood"
(quotation from poem NOT composed by Clarence Mahan). I believe it is now a
part of the National Historic Site (maybe someone from New England would
know if the garden is still in existence?).

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
"This is the Place" - Utah Pioneer Sesquicentennial:  1847-1997