RE: winter weeding

>>If the weeds are as shallow as you say, it shouldn't hurt to pull them out
by hand and shake the clinging dirt back over the bed.  Unless the weeds
have deep roots which you think might be severely entangled with your
irises' roots, I wouldn't worry much about root damage on the irises.
Others on the list, please correct me if I'm wrong.  I say go for it and
kill those small weeds before they become bigger.

-Donald<<

I'm with you Donald. I weed my flower beds all year long.If I wait until this
summer I'll never get them all. I have a huge Cottonwood, Alder and Maple
behind the house and they put out tons of little seedlings that I have to get
rid of like I do weeds.

Jefrie
Kent, WA  zone 5 AIS region 13