Re: Chat trouble - off-topic

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Ellen Gallagher wrote:

> >> Ellen,
> >> I would like to have joined in, but was not able to figure out just how to
> >> do it.  I have a suspicion that I am not the only one.  I think it may be
> >> that the computer literate on the Iris-l don't quite comprehend that some of
> >> us are still learning the alphabet.  Not a criticism of them--just an
> >> observation. Still learning my ABC's Julie Allen

Diana Louis answered: BTW, I couldn't have got there without my
husband setting everything up for me.

> 	I relied on my computer mentor, John Jones, since I couldn't get
> 	the IRC to download....not to slight my husband who is internet
> 	illiterate but spends at least 1/4 of his work day using his computer
> 	in his office...I found it easy to use IRC once I had practiced for
> 	2 days. :-))
   John sure was busy last night trying to get various people back
on.  > > What is this talk of weekly chats? I missed most of the
conversation > since a few of us were in a different location -
only happened > to 'bump' into Tom et al through St. Louis
undernet....is this off- > topic? Better change the subject line
before someone gets upset.  > Ellen Gallagher
e_galla@moose.ncia.net Lancaster, New Hampshire, USA > > > >

I hope Tom will organize this under /join #iris-l so it won't be
off topic. I would like to get 2 day's practice too. I'd be a lot
faster doing things instead of having to rush off and find what
something was and how to do it in the middle of the party. Don't
know if it's going to improve my typing tho'. One of the things
that slowed me down was not being able to use the arrows to go back
and forth correcting errors which I am used to with the editor for
these messages..

--
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada