Color names,

Multiple thanks to Sharon for the color names. If you like poetic color names
check out The Pantone Book of Color by Beverly Fazio. It has over a thousand
color "chips" with names in six languages: Georgia Peach, Peche de Georgie,
Georgia Pfisich, Melocoton de Georgia, Pesca della Georgia. And the last one
in Japanese  pictographs. Good luck matching these color chips to the RHS

Today we will start fertilizing the iris. Early growth looks very good and
just about everything seems to have increase. We hope for some low
temperatures to help out with germination. A few TB crosses are starting to
germinate. We plant in pots and leave them out in the weather. This year we
will have transplant beds that were prepared last fall and covered with black
plastic. We will transplant seedlings during bloom season (April) giving them
about a three month jump on the way we have done it in past. Our bloom rate
on first year seedlings has always been about 90 per cent so I doubt the rate
will be much better. What will be better is that we should get more bloom
stalks per seedling and more increase. This might mean we can get the
selected seedlings from this group into the catalog a year or two sooner.