Transplanting Seedlings

In a message dated 97-02-03 19:02:26 EST, RAINACRE writes:

<<  We will transplant seedlings during bloom season (April) giving them
 about a three month jump on the way we have done it in past. Our bloom rate
 on first year seedlings has always been about 90 per cent so I doubt the
rate
 will be much better. What will be better is that we should get more bloom
 stalks per seedling and more increase. This might mean we can get the
 selected seedlings from this group into the catalog a year or two sooner. >>

The trying and erring process is continuous.  I made what I thought was a
successful change to transplanting my seedlings LATER last season.  Less
first year bloom but less transplanting mortality.

Lowell Baumunk
Colorado