Re: More on Iris Lazica

Definitely on-topic this time, and certainly not private (sorry for earlier
error of judgment):

Iris lazica is fairly widely available over here. It is gorgeous and much
more gardenable than unguicularis (in my experience). The leaves are broader,
shorter and glossier darker green. The flowers are similar to typical
unguicularis (which is why it was considered a subspecies, I would reckon)
but appear later - around late February to early April here depending on the
season. It is less temperamental (unguicularis really does need lots of sun,
little feeding and minimal disturbance) - it grows happily in standard UK
garden conditions if given a fairly sunny position.

Lazica comes highly recommended - if you can get it, grow it!

Graham Spencer
Croftway Nursery, UK
USDA zone 7B