  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SUPREME SULTAN
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <KOEKKOEK@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 08:48:49 -0700 (MST)

I want to speak up on behalf of SS, since it seems to have drawn its
share of "doesn't work here" comments from Tenn. and NC.  Here in NW
Iowa, NE Neb, at least in the several gardens where I've seen it,
including my own, SS is a stunner.  It grows as it's supposed to,
stands up well despite those huge flowers, and increases moderately
well.  The bloom stalks are as big and fat as any I've ever seen,
and they don't fall over.  I've had it for at least 5 years, and I
would definitely not want to part with it.

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa  Zone 4  An all-day, all night snow storm has dumped close to
a foot of heavy, wet white stuff on us.  Am I ever envious when I
read of some of you listening to robins chirping, crocus blooming.
It's going to be a long time before those things are true here.