Cold Theories and Germination

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Cold Theories and Germination
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 14:42:28 -0700 (MST)

	Several weeks ago there was a discussion here about
freezing seeds and the amount of cold a seed needed before germination
occurred.  Thus far no seeds of bearded of mine mine have germinated in my
sunken pots outdoors.

	I was over at a friend's house Sunday afternoon and he showed me
his bearded seedlings (3 inches high) that had germinated in a pot in his
HOTHOUSE, no less!  I am thinking the seeds in this one pot must be quite
precocious as seeds in the other pots have not germinated, nor does he
have any outside which have germinated.  This pot was put in his hothouse
in early November.    Something to ponder!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS