Show Ideas -- Program Booklet

The Show Schedule is written by and for irisarians.  Its purpose is to provide
the information someone needs to participate in the show.  It is essentially
meaningless, though, to the average visitor -- it might as well have been
written in Latin.

They need a simple guide.  What the different types of iris are.  What the
different divisions mean. How the iris are judged.  The booklet I put together
many years ago was eight pages, including the cover.  It could have been longer,
with illustrations.  It could be shorter, with fewer details.  Even a one-page
flyer would be better than nothing.  This year's casual visitor is a potential
participant -- if we provide a bit of needed help past the technical jargon.

Sharon McAllister