Bulletin of the AMERICAN IRIS SOCIETY

Came yesterday!!  Great photo reproductions!!

I'm excited by Tamberg-Niswonger's CSI-93, the "species Cal-SIB" on the
centerfold, where, by the way, is a photo of Andy Wheeler of Maine.

Everyone has GOT to see the photo of "Best of Region SDLG",90-06a('Mini Dragon)
by Marky Smith '98, an SDB --

It's BLACK with an ORANGE BEARD!!  super-de-duper!!

And then, inside the back cover is Lloyd Zurbrigg '95, 'Margaret Helen' --
I'm guessing this is a preview of the next Bulletin since it says "Coming in
April Rebloom and Novelty IRIS"

What a gentle iris -- wonderful soft shaded coloring, with a precise upturning
horn at the beard --

And the photos of the Payne Medalists for '96 from the Japanese Iris Convention

and a nice article on Design with analysis which will help entrants in shows

and an interesting article in the Science Corner on pollen (never stopped to
think that pollen has so many different shapes -- see photos!!)

and a report from Median Fix in Portland Oregon, and from Mass Medley

Hey!! I guess Iris isn't only TB's anymore!!

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY -->gone to read the Bulletin