Re: SUPREME SULTAN

Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

> I want to speak up on behalf of SS, since it seems to have drawn its
> share of "doesn't work here" comments from Tenn. and NC.  Here in NW
> Iowa, NE Neb, at least in the several gardens where I've seen it,
> including my own, SS is a stunner.  It grows as it's supposed to,
> stands up well despite those huge flowers, and increases moderately
> well.  The bloom stalks are as big and fat as any I've ever seen,
> and they don't fall over.  I've had it for at least 5 years, and I
> would definitely not want to part with it.

Arnold,

I guess I better put my 2 cents in and say that Supreme Sultan does well
here in Central California.  I have grown it for about 6 years and each
year it grows and does well.  Flowers are not huge (not as large as
Little Much) but large and the stalks never fall over.

Rick Tasco
Central California
Zone 8

Rick Tasco