Re: Iris-L 1 year statistics

re: chatterbox awards

Well, maybe I am just trying to emulate Clarence.... : )

What happened to you Ellen - I thought you were going to outpost me during
the second half of the year! : )

Just for those of you who might be curious and weren't on the list for the
first 6 months, this is Tom's post back in September:

<There have been 6,402 messages posted to Iris-L as of 14:49 today, [that was
<September 9, I think]
<Mountain Standard Time.

<There are 217 subscribers. 140 (65%) have posted fewer than 10 messages.
<70 of these (32%) have never posted.

<The first annual Iris-L Chatterbox Award goes to our dear friend and
<mentor, Clarence Mahan, who has posted 621 messages, 10% of the total!

<Here are the runners-up--members of the Centipede Club, who have posted
<100 messages or more:

<Carolyn Schaffner       595     9%
<Linda Mann              544     8%
<Tom Tadfor Little       458     7%
<Kathy Guest             359     5%
<Ellen Gallagher         219     3%
<John Jones              192     3%
<Dennis Stoneburner      171     3%
<Gunnar Andersson        148     2%
<Sharon McAllister       140     2%
<Robert Turley           124     2%

<50% of the messages are posted by nine people (4% of the list population).

<BTW, Iris-L was six months old at the beginning of September. We
<seem to be off to a roaring start! We've averaged nearly 1000 messages
<per month, or about 30 per day.

Linda M
who has ALWAYS talked too much  - no problem engaging show visitors in
conversations