Re: Checklists and Hybridizers' Information

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Checklists and Hybridizers' Information
  • From: Barb Johnson <ljohnson@cland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:49:15 -0700 (MST)

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:
> Barb Johnson wrote
> >I have just ordered the 1959 and 1969 Check Lists (with the others to be
> >ordered in February and March), so I expect I'll find out about some of
> >the other hybridizers who worked after the '30s and '40s (which check
> >lists I DO have).

>        Linda replies:
> I hate to burst your bubble, but the 59 and later checklists only give the
> hybridizers address and if they are still living.  No bio, as I read recently
> (from Clarence? on the list)
> is given in older checklists.
> Linda M

That's okay, I didn't expect bios in them, but at least I'll find out
where they're from, as in the older ones. Where I've been finding bios
(In Memoriams) is in old Bulletins; one friend lent me hers, and another
friend offered his as soon as I'm done w/friend #1's. It's exciting to
finally learn about these people I've been admiring! Too bad they had to
die first! (BTW, this has nothing to do with the many hybridizers still
alive that I admire greatly!)

Barb J.