Re: Twist of Fate

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Bordo Adrienne wrote:

> Twist of Fate was mentioned by someone. I had it, bloomed one year and
> disappeared. Quite possibly not the fault of the plant. That area was
> taken over by grass when I couldn't get time to garden for a couple of
> years.
> If there are other list members with this iris, I would love a report
> on how it does for them. It was my favourite colour combo and I would
> get it again if it would do well.
>
>   Adrienne Bordo (can you tell I like blue?)
>  beartown@acbm.qc.ca Zone 4, snow still here in Quebec.

Adrienne, You might find a couple of small rhizomes left if you
lift that piece of sod out and break it up carefully. I had irises
in a field with 2" (5cm) thick grass sod and got a couple of irises
out. Keep an eye out for little iris leaves sticking out of the
grass. Good luck with this.

--
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada