Re: Iris breeding

>Another good checking point--see how many other iris catalogs that
>variety is listed in.  If it grows well, it will be in many catalogs.
>If it doesn't--you won't find it in many places.  Commercial growers
>won't waste time with varieties that won't grow--I can vouch for that!
>Rick Tasco

Good point, but from the catalogs I have seen, most seem to have a lot of
varieties from just a few hybridizers (their friends?), with not a lot of
overlap between catalogs.  There will only be a few from other hybridizers.
 So if I find a hybridizer whoe varieties seem to do well for me, it can be
hard to figure out where to go to find more.  Especially with  many suppliers
focusing on newer, more profitable introductions, and with some hybridizers
who aren't terribly prolific.  I guess if the hybridizer is still living, one
could write and ask who carries a lot of their older, proven, and less
expensive intros.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
I don't even know why I posted this - I have ENOUGH!!!