Show Time

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Show Time
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:10:40 -0700 (MST)

On this topic, I think some very worthwhile points were made by Sharon
and Celia Storey with their emphasis on the fact that we need to make our
Iris Shows both user and viewer friendly. We are not conducting these Shows
just for the sake of the "Good Ol' Boys and Gals" - they should be a
Showcase and a drawing card to help get more people interested in the
wonderful world of iris. Sometimes those of us organizing these events are
too close to the trees to see the woods. Both Sharon and Celia had useful
practical suggestions that I intend to follow up on in planning our local
Show thisyear.

I will now climb down off my soapbox and get on my knees to beg Kathy
Marble (and anyone else with design and artistic experience) to give me any
help I can get with respect to the Artistic Division of the Show. I always
feel somewhat inadequate in writing up the themes and conditions for this
part of the Show, because it is not my strong suit, but as Show Chairman, I
have to take responsibility for it just the same, it seems.

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
"This is the Place" - Utah Pioneer Sesquicentennial:  1847-1997