Re: Twist of Fate

Bordo Adrienne wrote:
> Twist of Fate was mentioned by someone. I had it, bloomed one year and
> disappeared. Quite possibly not the fault of the plant. That area was
> taken over by grass when I couldn't get time to garden for a couple of
> years.
> If there are other list members with this iris, I would love a report
> on how it does for them. It was my favourite colour combo and I would
> get it again if it would do well.
>   Adrienne Bordo (can you tell I like blue?)
>  beartown@acbm.qc.ca
> Zone 4, snow still here in Quebec.

I grew Twist of Fate for a few years and dearly loved it for it's deep
dark, highly saturated colors.  But alas it turned out to be a very poor
grower for me both here and my former home in Arizona.  Other people
also mentioned to me that they have trouble with it.  There are many
other neglectas (this is what they call it's pattern, unless you already
knew that and I apologize) and you may be wise to try them.  Most
however are not quite as dark as Twist of Fate.  Some that come to mind
are Color Coded, Nordic Seas and Overnight Sensation.  Fred Kerr of
Rainbow Iris Gardens has a 1996 introduction with Twist of Fate as a
parent.  It is called Fatal Attraction.  Cannot comment on how it grows
as I just planted it last summer.

Rick Tasco
Central California
Zone 8